Thursday, December 4, 2014

King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Bread Mix Review

Since being diagnosed with a gluten allergy a couple months ago, I have struggled with finding a bread that I like....and that doesn't taste like soggy cardboard.

I sent my husband to the store a few days ago (alone, scary I know) and he came back with a box of King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Bread Mix.




I was definitely anxious to try it, so I did!

It was pretty simple, but I bake a lot so I'm used to the bread process.

You only need to add three ingredients.


First, you mix you wet ingredients well.



Then, add your yeast and flour mix.


Once that is done, it will look something like this.


Next, you cover it, and let it rise for about 40 minutes, stir again, and put into your greased bread pan.



Now, you're gonna cover it and let it rise again, until the center is about and inch over the top of the pan.  I let mine go to about here.



Now, you are ready to bake!  Make sure your oven is preheated to 350 and put that sucker in there!

It will be done when the center reaches around 200 degrees (break out that thermometer!).

Take it out of the oven, and let it cool on a wire rack.


Of course if you're anything like me, you can't wait that long, and you cut it open immediately to start eating it.





It was very good, great texture and flavor.  So good in fact that less than 24 hours later there is very little left.  Even my husband thought it was good!

You can purchase this direct from King Arthur Flour or look for it in your local grocery store!

Quick Tips:

  • Using a mixer will make this much easier.
  • Bread rises best in warmer areas, so put it a warm spot, like on top of your stove while the oven warms.
  • Don't let it rise too far over the top of the pan before you bake.  It will rise quite a bit when you first put it in the oven.
  • Be sure to run a knife around the sides of your pan before turning your bread out onto the wire rack to loosen up any stuck spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment